Table Lamp

My table lamp was an asset I was looking forward to making. The stande and the shade were to be multi subbed, so i made a high poly for the stand first. The fun part was the shade, where i used cloth modifier, like i did on my curtains, and scrunched the high poly plane so that the folds were more dense toward the top where the shade tapers. I then created a seperate high poly piece, not shown which was to act as the framework underneath.behind the fabric. I baked both high poly pieces in max to one side of the low poly[which would just repeat on every face] and then overlayed the two normal map bakes in photoshop, softly erasing where required. I also baked AO maps. For the off state of the lamp, this would just add to the impact of the folds. For the shade when the light was turned on, the dark lines would help sell the effect better, rather than having a whole shade glowing unrealistically.


In the material editor, I multiplied the diffuse by a peachy colour, to make it less pink and more the colour of the light emitting from the bulb. I powered the result to make those dark areas more obvious, and then multiplied that result to control the glow, plugging into the emissive. The Alpha mask was storeed in the blue channel of the normal to save texture space, and a cubemap was generated for the stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment