Sofa

 The sofa for my cabins was based on the designs in a lot of my reference images. I made the high poly and baked both normals and ambient occlusion.  I messed about with a few colour and pattern variations, and also painted in some normals to divide the seat and back rest cushions. Should have been high polly'd but it was an after thought and the ao bake took its time the first time round


The head rest cushions were multi-sub objected, and using my pattern i made a lace cover appear to wrap around it, using ndo and a bit of shadow on the diffuse. I also added a leather strap and small alpha brass rings that hang from the cabin wall.


I quickly made some pull down blinds for windows that wouldn't have curtains.  I slightly scrunched up some cloth in max and made a bit at the bottom that would be the rubber part. i baked the fabric onto a flat plane and the rubber part to a flat plane alpha[because of the shape, although the mask was embedded in the normal maps blue channel]. I then applied my small tiling pattern in udk to the fabric and messed with settings to get it to appear lit slightly from the outside, but without it being translucent, avoiding the ghostly appearance which i didnt want. The rubber was a flat grey with a bit of gloss highlighting the normals
 Also made some quick shelves and the bedside table







No comments:

Post a Comment