Dining assets

 Made a plate in max, high polly'd, to be baked onto an alpha plane. Thought high poly would give better results than ndo and was quick anyway. With the normal map, i surrounded it in a mask and put it in the blue channel for use in UDK. For the pattern detail, i used my pattern texture i've used on alot of other things, picked a few that looked nice and arranged them into a quarter circle. In UDK, i told the texture to mirror in adress X and Y, so i could afford a bit more detail in the diffuse
I made some high poly cutlery to go through the same process of baking onto an alpha plane. I made one handle and copied it for each piece. The fork and knife were pretty tricky to get right but was pleased with the outcome
 The bake onto the planes was suprisingly successful, as it kept quite alot of the detail. I added some edges in the planes to define the shapes alittle more, and I hid the mask in the blue channel once again,
 I arranged them to how they would sit on my tables, and grouped them as one mesh to save on the number of material calls. The small cubemap finally sold the effect completely

No comments:

Post a Comment