Landscape

 For my scrolling landscape in the distance, i had long planes with a scrolling diffuse texture of some low res tree lines. I changed the heights and lengths of the planes to make them appear moving at different speeds and at different distances.
 I also had some prefabs of tree groups on seperate planes, that at certain durations scroll across the landscape using matinee
 For the actual terrain, a stretched normal map pans across the ground, with colours and spec applied in the material editor
 For a simple illusion of some tracks, a diffuse and normal pan quickly, at different speeds, to fake the appearance of the train in movement. I used some decals, with a shadow texture, to fake a train shadow, and blend in where the tracks meet the grass.
 My skydome was a combination of  painting and smudging, and adding gradients to get the colours right. I took lots of photos in the first year of sunrises and sunsets from my kitchen window. Combining many of these helped, although i did find i had to paint over lots of clouds, as they're only 180 degree panoramas, and clouds were lit from behind rather than the front

No comments:

Post a Comment