Blueprints

To begin realising my plans for the layouts of the carriages I'm creating, I headed to the library to get as much material as I could find. Unfortunately there were no books specifically with diagrams of wagons-lits carriages, the best I found were general layouts of British carriages, but some of the images were helpful in explaining basic layouts.
Railway Carriages and Wagons, Theories and Practices - L. Lynes

 
Browsing the web I found more plans that were more in tune with the carriages I wanted. I found slight variations in the sleeper car designs which would have to be adressed when I did my plans, considering what pieces would be reusable and what would add some nice variety to the repetitive nature of the repeating rooms.




This image was helpful in figuring out some of the important dimensions of the carriage, like the overall width being about 10 ft, the differing widths of aisles and doorways etc. Something that would be considered when building my blockout to allow the player to navigate through the train without getting stuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment